The King's College London Mexican Society is open to EVERYBODY
interested in Mexican cultural, economic, political and social issues, Spanish language, and other related matters regardless of whether you are Mexican or study at KCL. We are part of the King's College London Student Union (KCLSU) and affiliated to the Society of Mexican Students in the United Kingdom (MexSocUK).
You can become a member today!
These are the aims of the KCL Mexican Society:
- Promote Mexican culture and values among the King's College London (KCL) community: Mexico's cultural legacy in the world is highly valued. Because of its peculiar traditions, food, history, music, and art, it is not strange to find “Mexican stuff” around the world. Join us and enjoy real Mexican culture. You will discover that of course we have “salsa”, “mariachi” and “tacos”, but we also a have lot of other things to offer. Additionally, as football soccer is the Mexican national sport, don’t miss our traditional football matches “cascaritas”.
- Analyse and discuss Mexico's main political, economic, and social issues: Mexico's strategic geographical position makes this country an essential key factor in the economic and social relationships between the US, Latin America, and the rest of the world. Join us to participate in our seminars and discussion forums to develop different points of view about Mexican issues.
- Provide Spanish learners with opportunities for practice: Even though our events take place in English, we will provide an opportunity for Spanish learners to form bonds with our native Spanish speakers, in a safe, friendly environment, so that they can improve their language skills.
- Provide touristic advice: Mexico possesses various touristic attractions, such as the Rivera Maya, Chiapas, Oaxaca, and Los Cabos, among many others. We will recommend and advise our members about the main beautiful touristic places to visit.
- Provide networking opportunities between Mexican students, KCL Mexican Alumni, and all students interested in Mexico: We will create a strong and long-lasting relationship between: current Mexican KCL students; KCL Mexican Alumni; and European and foreign students attracted by Mexico’s cultural, natural, social, and political backgrounds. We will encourage members to continue this network once they have returned to their original countries.
- Promote KCL in Mexico: We are interested in promoting KCL's prestige in Mexico not only because it is one of the best Universities in the world, but also because it has interesting programs for Mexican students, organizations, academic institutions, government, non-profit organizations, among others. If you are Mexican, this will be an interesting activity to develop once you are back home.